Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oink-a-licious Weekend


The much raved about Kurobuta Pork from Australia. Generously marinated with red wine and garlic sprinkle with rosemary. My favourite butcher, Francis - apparently the first Indian butcher to sell pork in S'pore - from Oh Deli never disappoint me with his superb marinade skills. In a nutshell, it was finger licking good.

The meat was grilled for 20 mins in the toaster and ready to be consumed.

Francis recommended we try the regular pork chop (also from down under) and Hubby & I were soon won over; The first bite felt like ham, and no marinade was needed, a few drops of olive oil did the works. However, I think it was a tad too salty for me so I'll try basting it with shiraz glaze the next time around.


Fillet Mignon - tenderloin with bacon and a light touch of honey mustard. Grilled in the toaster for 10 mins. The result was medium rare and super tender. It's the best homecooked steak I've had so far.

To top it all, Mom prepared her special marinade pork ribs for dinner tonite and it was very tasty,, so much that Hubby had 4 ribs at one go. Suggested to Mom to try the same marinade on soft bone pork the next time as I'm sure the taste will be better and more tender, too.

No comments: