Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Deepavali to all!!!! If only the government declares tomorrow an holiday too, that would be lovely. Wishing thinking on my part.

Hubby said it doesn't feel like a long weekend which I totally agree. We're "grounded" at home due to my upcoming exams. Have been trying very hard to focus on my revision but there's always one thing that I'm easily distracted with... it's none other than food. The thought of Saturday dinners never fail to excite me. Simple as it may seem - due to my limited culinary skills I have to admit - to many but it's that little effort that goes a long way.

Hubby likes rocket salad and I'm into Mozarella cheese, what better to prepare than this appetizer? Drizzled with a light splash of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and a touch of Italian herbs... the way I like it.

Hubby's main - Opps! I forgot what fish was that...

My main - Salmon fish, rich in Omega 3, good for the brain which is much needed for my exams ; ) For the sauce, I simply mixed 2 portion of sour ceam with 1 portion of mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.

********************
Last evening I managed to complete the jog from home to Punggol End. Boy! I was huffing, puffing and sweating like a pig when we hit the jetty but it sure felt good after concurring 2 rather steep uphill slopes. If not for safety reasons I would like to make that my usual jogging track as the road is well sheltered with little traffic.

********************

Today's Straits Times featured an article on HORROR LIFTS. Hubby witnessed one such act recently, i.e. the person before him defecated in the lift... he concluded the person must have had a severe case of food poisoning thus the inability to control his/her bowels... The next thing that came to mind was, what if the culprit was caught red-handed? How embarrassing can that be? Also thankfully I wasn't there or I would have been the culprit next in line, as I'm pretty sure I'll instinctively puke along the lines of the "object" and that makes 2 horrifying sight. Gross....

No comments: