Saturday, July 12, 2008

Makan Feast

This week has been non-stop wine and dine. First stop was Le Nicolas at Keong Siak Road - food tasting for Christmas party. Their set lunch at S$38+++ is well worth it. I ordered beef tartare for starters and lamb for main, and I enjoyed every bit of it; savoring the sweetness of chopped raw beef and the seasoning that goes with it; the lamb was done perfectly to my liking. Divine...

The 2nd stop was Au Petit Salut. A and P received their promotion at the same time and it's our office's practice that new promotees have to buy the lunch/dinner. Food and ambience was good, although I would choose outdoor dining if were to go back again. There were 16 of us, yet only 1 waiting staff. I had a good time, but YL wasn't as lucky because she was seated opposite boss who is what I would call 'de classe'. He ordered the most expensive item on the menu and got YL to share it with him and his table manners is worse than a 5 year-old... He stuck his finger in the mouth to.... shall not be descriptive lest I lose my appetite.

Last evening we had dinner at Pietrasanta at Portsdown Road. It's a cozy Italian restaurant owned by a nice couple - hubby runs the kitchen while the wife manages the operation of the restaurant. We had pizza, parma ham with mozarella, calamari, escargot, kurobuta pork (I will save the fats for S the next time as tasted creamy), and dessert was tiramisu and lemon cake. I thought it's your regular cake but it wasn't. It's actually marshmellow with shredded lemon rind. You would appreciate it better if you don't dislike marshmellow like me.

So much for a foodie... Hubby and I are off to Bangkok for the weekend soon. Charsiew said it rained a bit when they were there. Let's see if we can bring the sun with us ; ) Till then, have a good weekend and update soon.

No comments: