Sunday, May 11, 2008

Final Countdown

Taking a short breather from the last leg of my exam prep so here I am. After 12 weeks of lectures, countless group discussions and late nites, I was in euphoria when I received the grading for our Leadership Management assignment - we got distinction! Emily said we are 0/5 marks shy of high distinction but I'm contented, seriously. We had to select a contemporary leader (alive & kicking) and a historical leader (dead for at least a decade) and conduct a literature review on their LM skill and then analyze and recommend the most effective of the two leaders. So, between Sir Richard Branson and Henry Heinz, we voted for the former. I wonder if the result would have differed if we had picked Heinz instead? Anyway, I gotta thank Hubby for his feedback as I had at one point gone off track and wasn't thinking rationally. So, this is the highlight of my week among other things.

Audrey held her mini housewarming for us last Fri. She bought a unit at The Waterina and it was much better than I thought. Despite the not so glamourous address (it's in Geylang Lor 40) the area is nicely done up with lots of water features, hence the name Waterina, and lots of space for kids and family events. Audrey's apartment has a nice layout and the interior decor was simple yet elegant. The evening was filled with food, drinks, laughter and great company. We've decided the next round will be BBQ at Lynn's place before she vacate in June, followed by Angie's when she settles in her new place after the school holiday.

No comments: