Saturday, May 3, 2008

One down and two to go!!!

My day started at the crack of dawn *yawn*... I'm not suffering from insomnia nor is it a working day for me but something more imperative - sat for my first paper this morning after 5 years break from school. By 9am I left my cosy pigeon-hole for the battlefield and the ride, despite the usual traffic congestion, seems like a shorter journey or was I nervous? Had butterfiles in my stomach when we were told to turn over the paper... 15 mins felt like forever as I can't wait to start, in case my data storage goes kaput. So many things to write but so little time on hand (sounds familiar?). When the 2 hr was up we had to stop writing when the invigilator said so. Wish I had penned this down, "Dear examiner, I absolutely have more to write but with the limited time given I can only produce this much for your kind perusal. However, please do not hesitate to contact me should you need clarification." You think I'll be awarded extra mark(s) for wit or creativity??

Anyway, I'm mentally prepared for the worst... oh boy... the thought of it makes me shudder... Times like this I would like to borrow the famous lines of LTW... "it matters not when you try and fail and try fail again... it matters most when you try and fail and fail to try again." It's been eons since I last heard/used this phrase so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lunched at the Bt Timah hawker centre and tried the $2 carrot cake (recommended by Channel U) and satay beehoon which are among some of the popular stalls there. The carrot cake was soft and they were generous with eggs, and to top it up, it was prepared by an attractive looking young lady. So, it was babe-licious *slurp*. The latter has a smooth texture to the gravy with a slight hint of spices but there wasn't enough to coat the generous portion of beehoon so it felt a bit dry. I would say it's comparable to the one at East Coast Lagoon and AMK Central. It was a good lunch in spite of the sweltering heat.

No comments: