Friday, May 2, 2008

Kiddy parties

Attended Aleesha's first b'day party at Aloha resort yesterday. Tell you, kids these days are just so fortunate compared to us back then. I remember my parents threw a party for my first b'day too, but with much lesser fanfare of course. Food was simple, finger food and desserts. But y'day's party was nicely done up with personalized balloons, decor, games and accessories for every kid. The birthday cake was made up of cupcakes, very pretty. Food was good. Sal catered from a nasi padang stall at Hougang Point, although she had a bit of a difficulty trying to coordinate with the stall owner - very atas (proud in Malay) but I think it was worth the trouble. The beef rendang was tender and tasty and the masak merah was equally good, and they even had a dessert I've not tried for a long time - green bean soup with durian! Didn't try it as I was already full with the main course but Hubby did, and he slurpped up everything so I reckon it must be good.

Someone commented kids' parties are always boring esp for us DINKs, which I agree. The next time when I'm invited to one again I'll make sure to check the guest list before rsvp-ing. Otherwise, we'll be bored to death, literally.

Tomorrow's D-day for me. So, time to hit the books (again)... Till then, stay tuned for the latest.

No comments: