Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend highlights

This weekend has been hot, hot, hot, and it was even HOTTER on Sat night coz moi and friends were at the long-awaited David Tao's concert. Must admit I was a bit skeptical if he could actually deliver although I have no doubts about his musical talents. Boy! Not only was I not disappointed, he took my breath away, song after song... he delivered the songs beautfully esp the love ballads. He saved 2 of my fav songs, Sha(1) Tan(1) and Ai(4) Hen(2) Jian(3) Dan(1) for the ending. But the highlight of the evening was I got to shook his hands.... *drools*.

Had dim sum at Swee Choon along Kelantan Road. Steven said they've been around for 40 years now and still going strong. We were lucky to get a table as the restaurant was packed and some of the diners had to settle for a table in the back alley which is a NO NO for me. It was Christine and Ann's first time at Swee Choon so I was tasked to order. Their mee sua kueh, chicken feet and golden fried tofu was still as good but I was disappointed with their siew mai, it tasted funny.

Cleo is collecting her new Lancer next week and she's thinking if she should pay $100 to retain the current car plate as it's coincidentally her birth year, I think. Hmm... maybe I prefer to have a new car plate, dun ask me why, just my preference. Hubby told me if I ever have a car to call my own he'll bid for EL1M... It's going to cost him an arm and a leg but he's saying it only because he knows the day will not come - me owning a car. He is what you call in hokkien, giam kah nah, aka scrooge .

Bidded farewell to our freedom last Fri with a sumptous breakfast in the conference room. Tomorrow, the consultants will be back in the office. Moi's boss returns on Tues so you can imagine I will be busy 'touching up' tomorrow.

No comments: