Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home cooked meal



Home cooked meals are hard to come by on Fridays, we usually dine out or back to MIL's place. Since I took the afternoon off today I decided to prepare a simple & hearty meal to start the weekend. Bought miso mackarel (saba) - not taken in the photo because it was slightly burnt - and we liked it. Also on the table was Tasmanina grown blue mussels. It's a bit pricey at $26 for 1kg but was well worth paying for. The label says, 'Fresh, live mussels packed in life-long trays beds. and gotta wake them before cooking'. Oh well... cooked it in garlic and white wine base and it was what I expected it to be, restaurant quality; I mean the mussels. It was succulent.

Definitely going for more of the saba and mussels, but at least 1-2 months later. Now, I'm full, slightly tipsy and ready to hit the sack and gear up for a full day of studying tomorrow before heading off for David Tao's concert. Hooray!!!

No comments: